29 Sep What we learnt from the IMRG eCommerce Worldwide Cross-Border Summit event
B.D.C was at the Ecommerce Worldwide Cross-Border Summit at the ILEC in London last Thursday. The main subjects discussed were related to localisation & globalisation, customer behaviour differences between regions, payment methods, and risks & management of cross borders entries.
Here are 10 figures we learnt:
- The 1st cause for an international customer not buying from a website is the uncertainty about returns – Returns are as important as deliveries.
- UK is the 1st European country for m-commerce in front of Germany and France.
- 80% of online sales in China are made through marketplaces while 70% of online sales in US are made through the brand site.
- Forecast for online retail growth are huge worldwide (10% in UK, 13% in Germany, 20% in China between 2013 and 2017).
- More than 50% of consumers shopping on UK websites are international.
- The biggest trade route in the world is between US and UK (27,8 M£).
- 77% of UK shoppers see free delivery as important.
- UK is the 2nd most popular country online with 37% of global shoppers looking to find UK goods online (45% for US).
- There are 6 million new internet users in China each month.
- 98% of Swedish choose to collect from a pick-up/drop off point rather than delivery at home – In other words: you have to adapt to the country where you sell as expectations vary.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the last insights on connected retail !